Experience the very best of Barisal tour
Barisal, the southern region of Bangladesh, is awash with rivers and canals, part of the Ganges Delta. Hundreds of them flow through this region, resulting in a deliciously lush landscape with more shades of green than you ever imagined. Traveling by boat is the way of life here. In Barisal Backwaters Tour, we’ll take you to explore life in the heart of the Ganges Delta, which will be a unique experience.
Starting with visiting some backstreets and bazaars full of activities in New and Old Dhaka for a whole day, you’ll take an overnight ferry to Barisal and explore its numerous canals and rivers for the next two days on a small country boat. Here you’ll visit different floating markets of rice, rice paddy, guava, timber, and vegetables. Go overland and visit various bazaars, schools, brick kilns, and villages and interact with the locals, and return to Dhaka on the third day.
Barisal is a region where people have hardly ever seen a foreigner. We’ll take you to explore some remote areas in this region beyond the reach of the guidebooks, where you’ll receive a genuine welcome from the locals and experience their authentic life – an experience you can’t have in most parts of the world. This is a highly photogenic tour for anyone keen on photographing the life of people and their lifestyles.
Highlights of Barisal Tour
- Visit some backstreets and bazaars of New and Old Dhaka full of activities and highly photogenic.
- Boat ride on the live and vibrant river Buriganga.
- Visit the shipyards of Dhaka.
- Explore the rivers and narrow canals in Barisal and experience life in the heart of the Ganges Delta.
- Visit endless floating markets of different types.
- Go overland and visit different bazaars, brick factories, and schools.
- Walk in the villages, interact with the locals, and see authentic life in Bangladesh.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- All accommodations as mentioned in the itinerary on a twin-sharing basis.
- Breakfast at a local restaurant in Dhaka.
- Dhaka-Barisal passenger ferry tickets.
- 2 Breakfasts and 2 lunches with locally purchased fruits, drinking water, tea, and coffee while on the country boat at Barisal.
- Air-conditioned car in Dhaka and Barisal.
- All boat rides mentioned in the itinerary.
- An English-speaking guide.
- All tips other than our guide, driver, and Barisal boatman.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resorts, Sky City Hotel, White House Hotel, Ambrosia Guest House, and the nearby area).
- Any food or drinks are other than those mentioned above.
- Any personal item.